What does it do?
More than a one-purpose calibration target, the HNJ CAL-CARD provides customers with an ideal standard for product image verification useful for their specific product inspection needs. The CAL-CARD features both a grid target and a verification target.
Our proofs are application-specific. This enables far superior product image verification. Also, the CAL-CARD system is designed to be re-usable, which is important over longer periods of time where changing conditions affect performance of the smart camera imaging solution. It is important to recalibrate your HNJ inspection system to its original ideal standard calibration — to update image defect recognition.
CAL-CARD Verification Options:
- rectangles and lines
- concentric circles
- concentric rectangles
- application-specific targets
- customized verification
CAL-CARD Grid Size Options:
Choose from Metric size options:
- 1mm grid spacing
- 2mm grid spacing
- 3mm grid spacing
- 4mm grid spacing
- 5mm grid spacing
Or, select standard size options:
- .100 inch grid spacing
- .125 inch grid spacing
- .250 inch grid spacing
- .500 inch grid spacing
The CAL-CARD is critical for camera-specific and application-specific calibration–and recalibration after imaging conditions decline over time. For example, some of the benefits are:
- Reduced total error.
- Provides initial target calibration capabilities.
- Enables product image verification that the calibration was done correctly.
- Provides ability to pre-test for product images before running the smart camera program on a live physical product.
- Saves time before testing on live products.
- Pixels are transformed into measurable units while minimizing image distortion – improving inspection consistency.
- Helps correct for image anomalies and distortion, such as mounting inconsistencies or lens effects.
- Ability to re-calibrate later in time, after conditions outside the camera itself affect what the camera sees and analyzes – helping to address external factors beyond pure hardware and software programming.