The ACI is a game changer.
It enables ultimate quality control through automated product inspection. The ACI detects surface defects on your product using smart camera technology and guided robotics.
What Does the ACI Do?
The ACI automatically sorts product based on high-quality visual inspections and is enabled with deep learning capabilities. The ACI‘s main functions include:
- Automatically picks up new units. The ACI robotic arm picks up incoming units from the conveyor line (trays optional). At this initial stage, the ACI also validates units to understand what is being picked up — and automatically correlates to the appropriate inspection. The ACI loads the right inspection program for the right product.
- Inspects products from multiple angles with varied lighting to pick out defects. At this point, the ACI conducts a series of pass-or-fail inspections using machine vision combined with robotics.
- Evaluates products to find bad vs. good units. The final outcome is an overall pass or fail result. The ACI robot arm picks and places your products on the production line. While it sorts out the “fail” or bad units, the “pass” units go into an accepted zone.
- Sorts units based on inspection results. Based on each inspection result, the ACI then handles the products in an appropriate manner. For example, passing units go into further processing, or proceed to pack-out — depending on the production flow.
- Promotes high quality product output with far greater consistency.
- Dramatically saves time by providing automated product inspection.
- Conducts multiple angles of inspection per product.
- Able to automatically reject defective units.
- Uses vision-guided robotics to automatically sort out bad product after pass-fail inspection, placing them in a failed unit area or conveyor line.
- Can easily integrate with your existing production lines.
- Offers with unique product serial number or ID tracking capability.
- Enables 360-degree views of each unit, automatically checking each unit using a robotic arm to pick up and rotate for visual product inspection.
- Provides photo consistency while reducing photo aberrations, blurriness, and the like.
- With an audit trail, customers can track down what happened to a particular unit. You can later compare “before” and “after” photos from the same angles.
- Integrate with other processes. This can include image sending, database storage, ERP integration, or auditing functions to check image archival.
Optional Additional Functionality:
- ID Tracking. The ACI provides product serial number or unique identifier tracking capabilities.
- Auto-Load. Automatic loading in lieu of manual loading.
- Image Archive & Audit. By capturing images, you can see what the product looked like and trace image to a specific tracking ID. This allows you to audit based on high resolution images of your production units.
- Deep Learning. Enables ultimate inspection through deep learning. The system uses deep learning based on sample sets. This helps discern between good or bad units. Deep learning emulates human inspection by drawing on past experience. Using the history of inspections, it can better understand success and failure. This vastly improves future inspections that apply to your product. HNJ recommends periodically running the deep learning optimizer.
- Dual ACI. Greater throughput capacity can be obtained by using a double ACI configuration with ACI units side-by-side.
Why Choose the ACI?
- All-in-one integrated design for use anywhere on a production floor.
- Powerful integrated camera system with programmed templates for cosmetic defect detection by specific type of reject code.
- Easy-to-use integrated robot options — collaborative or industrial — for precise control of box handling.
- Full six-sided standard inspection, with optional integrated “Door Open Assist” hardware when “Press To Open” doors are present.
- Industrial PC on-board with large touchscreen HMI panel for operator feedback and camera system interaction.
- Integration with to shop floor systems to verify entry and exit status of products with resulting inspection codes.
- Internal storage of performance data and inspection images for up to 3 months. Cloud storage options are available.
- Standard ACI handles box sizes up to 19”(48cm) x 13”(33cm) x 5”(13cm).
- Training classes and on-site tech support available.
HNJ also provides customized solutions to augment the ACI to customers’ factory inspection needs.